Founded in 2018, Romanians of Washington, DC (Romanians of DC) is a non-governmental, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization working to bring together the Romanians and Moldovans living in the greater Washington, DC area and to promote Romanian culture and traditions to a wider American audience.
Romanians of DC’s mission is to:
- Actively work towards building a united and coherent Romanian-American community in and around the Washington, DC area and more broadly in the United States;
- Organize and promote cultural activities that help encourage and preserve Romanian culture and traditions;
- Facilitate cultural and social interaction with a wider American public;
- Foster an interest and appreciation amongst the American public for the culture, traditions and history of Romania and the Republic of Moldova and of Romanians elsewhere in the world;
- Support a democratic and free future for Romania and the Republic of Moldova; and
- Identify and promote the aspirations, concerns, and interests of the Romanian-American community.